PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 10, 2011

And they call it Bella Notte . . .

Oh what a night!!  People often ask what my favorite time of day is, to which I reply, "the blue!"  Weird answer, I know, but I can be a little weird if you haven't noticed.  I suppose I really mean dusk . . . I LOVE dusk!!!  I call it "the blue" because my favorite part is the gorgeous blue tint that is cast over everything!!!  I absolutely LOVE it!!! 

The Blue at the Tetons in Wyoming . . .
The Blue at the Amangani in Jackson Hole, WY













I was going to write about my favorite night, but I have so many I really cannot choose, so instead I am going to share several of my favorite nights!!! 

In 2009, my husband Patrick and I escaped to the happiest place on earth for our birthdays!!!  Yes, our birthdays are the same week -- we totally planned that ;-)  I have been to Disney World countless times in my life, but I had several firsts on this trip:  my first time seeing Princess Aurora from "Sleeping Beauty" and my first time seeing the SpectroMagic Parade since I was a little girl!!!  Soooo super excited!!!! 


This next photo is of the GE Building in NYC.  I have a few amazing nights tied up with this one.  When I was 19 years old, my super sweet boyfriend (now my husband) took me out for what was, at the time, the most romantic night of my life!!!  He made reservations for us at the Rainbow Room (65th floor of the GE Building).  I had always dreamed of going there -- it was featured in "An Affair to Remember" and "Sleepless in Seattle."  We had a marvelous time!!!  Divine five-course northern Italian cuisine, a stunning formal ballroom with a revolving dance floor, the most beautiful view of the Empire State Building and NYC at night that I have ever seen, and the most amazing man in the world . . . it was perfect!!!  Over the next few years, I took many of my girl friends up there to the Rainbow Grille for dessert!!!  The Grille was a small attachment of the Rainbow Room on the same floor but with a one-way view, but the staff always let us tour the ballroom!!!  I'm a sucker for a great view!!!  Then, in 2009 I just happened to be in the city with a large group of friends, and we were going to swing by the Rainbow Grille for desserts.  When I got there, I was told it was closed, that night was the last night, and they weren't accepting any more patrons.  I was heart-broken.  My amazing mommy somehow managed to talk her way past security and up the elevator and convinced the maitre 'd to allow us in even though they were already out of food and only had drinks left.  I was so sad -- it was the end of an era.  After 75 years, an iconic landmark closed it's doors, and I am excited I got to be there. 


Fun! Fun!!!  Ok, so this next photo is from a crazy night I spent making some of my family act as my guinea pigs!!!  I know they loved it and are honored to be part of this experience . . . or maybe I bribed them - hahahaha!!!  Anyway, I had been dying to practice photographing light writing, and what more fun way to do it than with sparklers!?!?  This was an amazing night in the world of Leverton Photography!!!  They were able to write all sorts of fun things!!  I was soooo insanely excited that I could do it that I kept jumping up and down shrieking with glee after every photo!!!!  Hahahaha!!!  I'm sure the neighbors thought we were nuts!!!! 


And last but least . . . I always love a beautiful sunset, and I have been blessed with seen sooo many of them in the last year!!!  I love it when God reminds me of what He can do!!!

No comments: