PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 7, 2011

Confessions of a Chocoholic . . .

Do you ever reflect back on the past few days, weeks, or months and discover something crazy about yourself that you never realized before?  Well . . . that is not the case here.  I did however realize that my addiction to chocolate might be a bit crazier than I thought. 

So let me just tell you about my last few days while I sit back and enjoy a slice of chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory =)


This weekend I went to Atlanta for a fun-filled weekend with some of my best friends!!!  There were six of us from 3 states, and we were hungry!!!  Ok, so maybe I was the only hungry one, but we started out at the Dekalb Farmer's Market.  WOW!!!  They have everything . . . fish, amazing cheeses, spices, fruites, veggies, pastries, wine . . . they even had purple potatos (I jest not)!!!!  So while my friends left with carts full of healthy food, I left with chocolate chip cookies and croissants stuffed with strawberries and cream cheese!!!  Still healthy, right??  I mean . . . it IS a farmer's market!!!

Saturday morning, I got started with a salty caramel hot chocolate from Starbucks.  This was followed a few hours later with a strawberry tart truffle chased with a milk chocolate and caramel chocolixir at Godiva!!!  Yes, I was in heaven!!!  Just what I needed to take on Anthropologie, Neiman Marcus, and enjoy some dress shopping!!!!  Did I mention that Tammie tried on a gorgeous pair of Louboutins!?!?  They were AMAZING on her!!!!




After our shopping marathon, we had dinner at Maggianos!!!  And (surprise), I enjoyed part of a Boston Cream Pie followed by going back to the hotel for more chocolate chip cookies!!!!  And somewhere in the 10.5 hours of shopping, I age a caramel filled chocolate candy bar =)


Sunday morning, after breakfast I enjoyed yet another Godiva milk chocolate and caramel chocolixir with a truffle!!!  Then, with my lunch, I had a chocolate covered chocolate chip cannoli!!!!  Finally, before leaving Georgia, I stopped by The Cheesecake Factory to get 3 cheesecakes to bring home for me and my hubby!!! 

So just to recap . . . I managed to ingest 2 Godiva Chocolixirs, 2 Godiva Truffles, part of a Boston Cream Pie, 1 Caramel Chocolate Candy Bar, 1 Starbucks Salty Caramel Hot Chocolate, 2 Strawberries & Cream Cheese Filled Croissants, and multiple Chocolate Chip Cookies in less than 36 hours, and that isn't counting the chocolate I had on Friday or the cheesecake I am eating now. 

I'm full just thinking about it!!!  Now, I need Spring to come, so I can carry large loads of camera equipment through fields and down city blocks just to make up for all of this dessert eating!!! 

I will leave you with some important insight from one of my favorite chocolate boutiques:  Vosges' How to Eat Chocolate!!!!

No comments: