PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now!!!

Dream big!!!  You can do or be whatever you want to be!!!  I am soooo incredibly thankful for parents and grandparents who always told me that by not just their words but their actions!!!  They believed in me . . . they still do!!! 

I'm not sure if my optimism about the future and my abilities is due to my belief in a God who loves and cares about an ordinary girl like me, my amazing and supportive family, or maybe it is even due to my being a child of the '80s (come on -- you know blasting Jefferson Starship & Journey has to have some sort of effect on a girl)!!!  I'm sure it is some combination thereof - hahaha!!!  Either way, it absolutely breaks my heart when I see people who feel like all hope is gone, like they don't deserve better or can't get better. 

Every now and again, I need a quick reminder myself, sooooo . . . for me and for everyone out there who needs a swift kick in the tush ;-)  No one on the planet is better at being you than YOU!!!!  So be the best YOU possible!!! 

Not to state the obvious, but this economy hasn't been the best.  On a positive note, I see many of the people around me getting creative and starting their own businesses and taking the plunge so to speak!!!  As W. Clement Stone wrote, "Every adversity has the seed of an equivalent or greater benefit."  Another great American, Ben Franklin, said, "To be thrown upon one's own resources, is to be cast into the very lap of fortune; for our faculties then undergo a development and display an energy of which they were previously unsusceptible."  We should be taking advantage of the opportunities around us -- and of course, they don't have to be career related!!!  I know many of my dreams and goals revolve around my family, other people, helping others, and travelling (I LOVE to travel)!!! 

Sooo . . . whether we are well on our way to achieving our dreams or whether we're in the midst of a slight detour, we can press forward and do it!!!  I'd love to hear what everyone else is doing too, so feel free to share your goals, dreams, or plans of things you plan on accomplishing in the near or distant future!!!  Sometimes saying it out loud or writing it down makes it more real!!! 

One of my favorite quotes:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure . . . We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be? You are a child of God . . . We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us . . . And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."
-- Marianne Williamson

No comments: