PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Heat wave . . . we're havin' a heat wave!!!

Ok, so I'm going to try to be better about writing at least every week, sooo . . . get ready to learn more than you ever wanted to know about . . . well, me!!!! 

Lately, I have been told repeatedly that I need to learn to relax -- obviously from people who do not consider creating spreadsheets of financial data while editing photos while burning dvds while playing on facebook while watching "Bones" to be relaxing . . . and I ALWAYS throw in some chocolate chip cookies, which TOTALLY counts as R&R.  Seriously, I LOVE doing that!!!  However, today I decided to take their advice. 

After catching up on some filing and paperwork (hey, I can't be a total bum), I headed off to SHOP (one of my favorite non-productive activities, although I can argue its productive merits to my husband)!!!  I went to an outdoor center, so I could still enjoy the 60 degree temperatures, and I bought a few articles of clothing at this fabulous new place I just discovered!!!  I also finally broke down and bought the red purse / file box (yes, it is a file box that masquerades as a patent leather purse) I'd been stalking for 2 months!!!  It was such a gorgeous day!!!  I took the long way home and drove with my windows down, the warm sun and the cool breeze were absolutely perfect!!! 


I picked up Coco & Oscar (my 2 little fur-babies) and headed to the park for the first time this year!!!  They were sooo excited that Oscar practically ran the first mile!!! 


Coco, on the other hand was not quite so enthusiastic.  She would have rather gone shopping!!!  Sooo . . . after about 2/3 of a mile, I picked her up and carried her, and then we were both exhausted, so we crashed on a nearby stump and watched Oscar run around in circles.


I had sooo much fun enjoying this gorgeous day!!!  But I have to tell you, I am tired!!!  Who knew relaxing could be so exhausting!?!?

**Disclaimer -- since Nicole was "relaxing," she didn't think to bring her 3rd baby (the camera), so all photos are cell phone captured, and she is not responsible for her lack of cell phone using abilities. 

No comments: