PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Buy Me Some Peanuts & Cracker Jacks!!!!

What's more American than baseball and apple pie!?!?  And I am proud to be an American, and I frequently eat apple pie, so last weekend, I headed down to Georgia to watch my brother Ethan (#21) play some college baseball!!!!

Now, I have to be honest, my sports knowledge is slim to none.  I don't have a good excuse . . . I live in the South where sports are a big enough deal to alter work and school schedules; my husband played football and baseball while we were dating; my brother has played baseball for as far back as I can remember; I played t-ball for 3 years (please hide your shock) . . . and if all of that isn't enough . . . my husband bought me a book, "The Smart Woman's Guide to Sports:  A Hip Handbook for Women Who Don't Know a Slam Dunk from a Grand Slam."  Have I read it!?!?  Let's just say it took me all of the first game to figure out which position my Ethan plays (he seems to stand between 1st & 2nd base).

These games were awesome!!!  By now, I'm guessing you realize I cannot possibly tell you what happened, but it was amazing!!!!  I'll let some of the photos speak for themselves, but in short:  The weather was gorgeous (75-80 degrees and sunny -- I got sunburnt . . . in February)!!!  The company was fabulous (my family is beyond entertaining -- we should go on tour - hahaha!)!!!  My brother hit more balls and homeruns than I can count!!!  And his team won the first game by a landslide, lost the second by one point, and won the third by several points!!!! 

Now, I am soooo ready for Spring!!!!!!!!  I guess baseball will do that for you ;-)  And remember . . . Ethan is #21 . . . isn't he cute!?!?

Photobucket


  








2 comments:

Katina said...

You done good Nicole!!! Hahaha!!! These are wonderful. I just keep looking at them over and over!!! I'm sure Ethan loves them as well. Can't wait for you to take some of Lauren playing softball theis summer!!

dgott said...

Perfect!!!